VESIcal can now be used without needing to install thermoengine!¶
Without thermoengine installed, MagmaSat (the default model) cannot be used, however all other models, all plotting capability, and the thermo package can be used. Simply make sure you are using version 1.2.0 or higher following the simple installation instructions below. Then be sure to explicitly tell VESIcal which model you want to use (any model other than MagmaSat. See Models in VESIcal for a complete list) by passing model=”some-model-name” when performing a calculation.
If thermoengine is not installed and you import VESIcal, you will be warned that you won’t be able to use MagmaSat, but everything else will work as expected. Remember that if you do not pass a model name, VESIcal will default to MagmaSat, and an error will be generated telling you that you need to pass a model name.
VESIcal can be installed with pip:
pip install VESIcal
Always use the most up-to-date version of the code:
pip install VESIcal --upgrade
See the Installation section for detailed instructions and dependencies.
- ChangeLog: What’s new in v 1.2?
- About VESIcal
- Models in VESIcal
- Quick Reference
- Verbose Tutorials
- Import a Data file
- Normalizing and Transforming Data
- Calculating dissolved volatile concentrations
- Calculating equilibrium fluid compositions
- Calculating saturation presures
- Calculating and plotting isobars and isopleths
- Calculating and plotting degassing paths
- Calculating liquid densities
- Calculating liquid viscosities
- Advanced Tutorials
- YouTube Tutorials
- Integration with Thermobar
- Workshops and Presentations
- VESIcal Code Documentation
- MIT Licence